Evangelism Explosion - Sharing the Faith
The Great Commission
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20)
PINEWOOD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
EVANGELISM VISION FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM
The mission of the Evangelism Ministry of Pinewood Church is to lead our church in fulfilling the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus: to be intentional witnesses for Him in the power of the Holy Spirit, in our every walk of life, and leaving the results to Him.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd."
"And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
"Witnessing for Him and watching Him work"
1. That our lives and testimony demonstrate the work of rebirth by the Spirit as we advance in personal holiness.
2. That our Gospel presentation utilize Scripture to reveal Jesus as Prophet, Priest, and King and that salvation is by faith in Christ's work and righteous alone.
3. That the elect before the foundation of the world await the effectual call of the Holy Spirit and the gift of repentance and faith.
4. That the Lord is pleased to include us in the process as He utilizes "the weak things of the world" to present the Gospel and allow us to see Him stir them to repentance and faith.
5. That we pray for people concerning their relationship with Christ before we share the Gospel with them.
6. That we will be intentional in seeking contact with the lost using varied means that do not violate Scriptural principles understanding that there are those who are post-modern, secular, religious, etc that require "new wine in new wineskins."
7. That a successful witnessing experience may be: plowing hard ground, watering an existing work of God, fertilizing a work in process with the rich truths of Christ's person and work, rooting out weeds that form a barrier to the Gospel, and/or bringing in the harvest of the work of Lord and others.
8. That we are not satisfied with those who pray a prayer, but with lives that are being transformed because of a rebirth. We are committed to the confirmation of the rebirth, which will require follow-up discipleship.
q Rescue - To pray for and present the free offer of the Gospel in a Christ honoring way to as many people as we are reasonably able to reach and leave the results to the Lord.
q Reconciliation - To labor with those who are responsive to bring them into a clear understanding of the Gospel and peace with God.
q Revival - To call believers to awaken to the commission of our Lord and to fulfill their calling using their spiritual gift and God given opportunities as a bridge for the Gospel.
q Reformation - To work to develop believers, who are in our sphere of influence, into Contagious Christians who effectively share their faith utilizing their personality, gifts, and circumstances.
Prayer Evangelism- On a yearly basis, have the congregation put up to four names on a card to pray for salvation and for inviting to church. Duplicate card are given to staff and elders so they might join in prayer for them. Have fasting and prayer times quarterly for conversions. Prayer walks in neighborhood will open doors.
Friendship Evangelism- Utilize the Contagious Christian program to train in friendship evangelism. Invite people to spend four weeks studying the Life Issues booklets in order to have basic questions answered and have contact with Christians. International Connection (ESL) is another means of reaching out to the multicultural/multiethnic population in our midst.
Event Evangelism- Make contact with non-Christians through concerts, Christmas fellowship, Western Night, Vacation Bible School, October Family Fun-Fest, and the like to reach out into the community and bring them into contact with the church.
Confrontational Evangelism- Evangelism Explosion Training and other methods will continue to train people in one of the most effective ways to share their faith.
Sports Outreach- When our new gym and ball fields are completed, we hope to begin a Sports outreach program with 50% of the team having to be non-churched children.
Advertising Outreach- Continue to utilize various means to make contact with new people who are not aware of Pinewood